What is the Algarve Tourism Conference?
NEW TOURISM MARKETS FOR NEW TIMES - PREPARING THE ALGARVE FOR A CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN THE 2020’S
- The global market for medical tourism is forecast to reach USD 46.6 billion by 2021
- The global population for those aged 60+ will reach 2.1 billion in 2050 (WHO)
- 8 major trends in the global wellness industry are worth US$4.2 trillion – Global Wellness Institute
The natural assets of the Algarve are the perfect environment for a 2020’s circular economy. By defining a sustainable development strategy and catalysing investment driven by market demand, we are going to explore the opportunities that exist for these ‘new’ markets.
National and international experts will provide insight into the demand side - market trends, potential source markets and consumer behaviour.
Leading Algarve tourism & travel players, tourist lodging operators and hotel & resort developers will evaluate and consider the supply side opportunity.
WHO ARE THE SPEAKERS?
What’s the program?
CONFERENCE PHILOSOPHY – MAKING A MARKET
- National and international experts will provide insight into key emerging tourism markets demand side aspects; market trends, case studies, potential source markets and ‘new consumer’ behaviour.
- An ongoing revolving panel of leading Algarve tourism & travel players, marketeers, technology experts, tourist lodging operators, sustainability experts, real estate players, hotel, resort & residential developers will evaluate and consider the supply-side business-related opportunities.
09.00: CONFERENCE OPENING
09.30: THE OPPORTUNITY FOR AN ALGARVE CIRCULAR ECONOMY & A SUSTAINABLE TOURISM SECTOR
10.15: HEALTH & WELLNESS TOURISM
11.00: MEDICAL TOURISM
13.30: THE WELLNESS MOVEMENT
14.15: THE EVOLUTION OF WELLNESS
15.15: ASPIRATIONS FOR THE ALGARVE MOVING IN TO THE FUTURE. WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES & TO BECOME WHAT?
15.30: SENIOR LIVING
17.00: THE OPPORTUNITY OF SUSTAINABLE TOURISM
17.30: CONFERENCE CLOSE
What’s the VENUE?
Only 25 minutes away from Faro International Airport, centrally located in Algarve, it's easy to reach and stay at Hilton Vilamoura, cleverly combining business and pleasure in a perfect balance.
Featuring one dedicated floor for business, boosting green, spacious and unique outdoor venues and with an array of leisure facilities.
Tel: +351 289 304 000
Rua da Torre de Água, Lote 4.11.1.B, 8125-615 Vilamoura