Friday, 27 SEPTember 2019 at
the Hilton Vilamoura As Cascatas Golf Resort & Spa
NEW TOURISM MARKETS FOR NEW TIMES - PREPARING THE ALGARVE FOR A CIRCULAR ECONOMY IN THE 2020’S
- The global market for medical tourism is forecast to reach USD 46.6 billion by 2021
- The global population for those aged 60+ will reach 2.1 billion in 2050 (WHO)
- 8 major trends in the global wellness industry are worth US$4.2 trillion – Global Wellness Institute
The natural assets of the Algarve are the perfect environment for a 2020’s circular economy. By defining a sustainable development strategy and catalysing investment driven by market demand, we are going to explore the opportunities that exist for these ‘new’ markets.
- National and international experts will provide insight into the demand side - market trends, potential source markets and consumer behaviour.
- Leading Algarve tourism & travel players, tourist lodging operators and hotel & resort developers will evaluate and consider the supply side opportunity.
Program Curated by
Andrew Coutts, CEO ILM Tourism & Hospitality Real Estate Group Portugal
Kindly supported by:
A conference devoted to think Algarve’s Tourism and Sustainability.